Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pre- South American Adventure

Well, I am about as surprised as you are that I have started a blog. I never thought this day would come but after looking back as Meena's blog from our Eurotrip last year and enjoying reading about the random moments, I decided that this would be the best way to "keep a journal". I hope I continue to do it when I am away and not pull a "Sophia!" Meena and Sophia both know that I was terrible at keeping a journal or I was writing about the previous week. Although this trip will be shorter and quite different, I am super excited to visit yet another continent of the world! After this, I will only have Australia on the list! I'm going to Brazil with my sister, Nadia and then to Peru and Ecuador with my boyfriend, Adam.

Planning this trip has definately been a pain in the ass and not as easy as Europe was and I'm not really sure what to expect but now that its only 5 days away, I really looking forward to samba dancing, jungle trips, visiting Machu piccu, trying new food and just experiencing a new culture! My sister and I will definately make a fool out of ourselves trying to speak Porteguese in Brazil but it will be an interesting experience! For all of you who are worried about us going to Brazil, don't worry - we will be safe! We are staying in a frickin 5 star hotel when we arrive in Rio so that everyones minds will be at ease, although Adam would have liked us to hire a body guard while we are there! And don't worry, I'll try to minimize my calorie counting for Nadia and Adam's sake!

Feel free to post comments and/or email as usual while I am away!

4 comments:

Meena said...

Perfect! Love the first post - keep it up and dont forget about it like you forget your glasses/boarding passes!

Unknown said...

Kanji, nice B-log. So, Australia is your last continent? You have been to Antarctic already???? I am so jealous. Trust me... there is a lot to see in Antarctic. When I saw that movie, "June Penguins" or whatever month it was.... I think it was called "March Penguins", I definitely want to visit Antarctic. Also, I hear the ozone layer is much thinner in South Pole so I get a faster tan! As they say in Duckland, "Quack, quack, quaaaaaaaaack".

ShineynSparkley said...

OK, you'll have to forgive me for posting on here for Nadia too... she shocked me when I thought she had started a travel blog, but when I opened the link- I was much less surprised ;) Great idea Kanji2!
I wish you guys safe and happy travels... and lucky for you, (and Nadia and Adam) the aspartame craze hasn't caught on in South America, the way it has here. Heh. Looking forward to the updates :)))
Lotsaluvanstuff, BettyBoo.

Sophia said...

Sahra! This is going to be great. I hope you can stick to it and not really pull a "Sophia!" But, if you do, then that means that you will be keeping an up to date paper journal! Have Fun, Be Safe, and take lots of pics!