Thursday, August 28, 2008

Last post from Ecuador!

So today is our last day of our vacation - so sad =( Its been a fun 3 weeks with lots of ups and unfortunately a couple of downs. Actually its been almost 5 weeks for me but time flew by so quickly. The thought of going back to school is horrifying though and I don´t think I remember anything about the oral cavity right now! The first week back will be very interesting!

We came back from Banos this morning which seems to be a vacation spot for Ecuadorians. It has several natural hot springs and a lot of spas in town! So you can only guess what I spent the day doing - Beautify-ing myself! Since it was so damn cheap and I couldn´t decide what services to do, I basically decided to do them all! The day started off with a eucalyptus (sp!) steam, body scrub, milk and rose water bath, fruit body wrap, body massage and then a facial! But that wasn´t enough so this morning I went to the spa in our hotel for a manicure and pedicure! So much fun! In case anyone ever decides to go there, stay at the Sangay Spa and Hotel NOT Hotel Palace like the lonely planet suggests - we stayed at both and Sangay was much nicer.

If we had another day, I really wanted to go Swing jumping which is a less intense bungie jumping but we didn´t have time and Adam didn´t want me to do it. I chose the spa over extreme sports! Now your question must be, what the heck was Adam doing while I was spa-ing it up?! He basicallly was in the room with me reading a book for over 3 hrs and didn´t complain at all - what a good boyfriend! I tried to convince him to join me for some services but he´s burnt (yes, i know - how do brown ppl burn?!) and he hates other ppl touching him so no massages.

Today we are back in Quito and just chilling out before our 2nd dance class and our flights are at 6:30 am so it will be a super early morning and I fly to Toronto and Adam is flying to Calgary so its gonna be a long ass 15 hours. See you all when I get back!

2 comments:

Meena said...

That sounds yummy! Your blogging was fantastic - i honestly didnt think you would really go through with it!!!! I absolutely can't wait till your back! miss u and have a safe safe plane ride!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us hun. I may not have been commenting much, but I've been reading intently!

Glad you're going to be back in TO soon -- every time I walk by your building I think of calling you to grab coffee and then realize you're not around.