Thursday, June 25, 2009

Shopping frenzy


We are now in Goa! Its a pretty nice place but its off season so most of the guests are Indian tourists. We are staying at a resort but its a bit secluded and hard to get around. The monsoon has definately hit Goa but it doesn't rain all day which is nice. It actually cooler which is nice.

Our train ride from Puna to Goa was quiet interesting! At first we were dreading the overnight sleeper train but it turned out to be an interesting experience. The man sitting across from us was so fascinated that we were from Canada but looked Indian and he just made himself at home with us! Midway through the ride, he started doing Yoga on his bed then asked if he could read one of my books. The book he was reading was "Dental Practice Management" which he read outloud and commented on anything interesting he read although I was reading my own book at the time. We wish we could have taken pictures of him but it would have been too obvious.

I went on a shopping frenzy in Pune so its nice that there is some downtime in Goa! I did most of my shopping on a street called Laxmi Road and MG road. On MG road, I did 100% of my shopping at one store called Anchaal. We are going back to Mumbai soon where I have to get the rest of my wedding stuff so its going to be a hectic 3 days!

So far we have been safe but there was one Rikshaw driver that scared the shit out of us b/c he kept asking about our blood type. We thought he might take us to the hospital to give blood or something so we just got his to stop, paid him and took another one from a nice hotel.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kanji, good to hear you and Adam are having fun in India. While you are in Goa, please find a wife for Glen. :) Don't worry about the rickshaw driver... I had a cab driver (in Toronto) asking me if I worked out... I thought he wanted to harvest my organs cause maybe he thought I was healthy.... I quickly replied, "Heck no... I am a lazy a$$, and I smoke and drink and do drugs. In fact, I am on my way to score for more." At that point he stopped the cab and prompted me to get out of the cab.

Humeira Dhanji said...

Hi Sahra,

Glad to hear u guys are having a good time. I'm impressed with your shopping skills. Can't wait to see the pics when u get back!

Meena said...

VERY happy you got out of the cab! Can't wait to see pics!! Blog more woman!!!! I need reading material at work!