Saturday, January 19, 2013

Bangkok Madness


Our last day of our trip was spent in Bangkok! We stayed at the Intercontinental this time, which had great proximity to the shopping within walking distance! Although we had planned to do some sight seeing and some relaxation, we realized that the stores we had been scoping 3 weeks before now had awesome sales! The day of sight seeing quickly turned into a day of shopping instead although I snuck in a massage early in the day. We found the most luck at Siam Paragon Mall and Central World. I think you could spend an entire day at each of those malls! My favorite store this time was called Jaspal - I think 90% of the stuff I bought was from Jaspal and Mango in Malaysia!
We got our fix of Thai KFC - they have awesome spicy wings that we were craving from the last time we were in Thailand - still finger licking food! We were really looking forward to eating at a restaurant called Gaggon - progressive Indian food, they call it, after we read the reviews online but it was an extremely slow dining experience - took almost 3 hours, and we had to rush through dessert because we had to catch our international flight home! Although the food was very good, we were extremely annoyed with the service so I'm on the fence on whether I'd recommend it or not. Overall, our trip to Asia was amazing! Adam and I are both extremely sad that our vacation has come to an end. We seriously debated changing our flight to stay one day longer but we really needed to get back and tackle real life. Check back again for the addition of more "real photos" - not ones I've stolen from the internet!

No comments: