Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ringing in 2012 with Family across the World!


Happy new year everyone! Its been a great start to our trip but so different than our usual vacations where it's just Adam and I.

Starting from the beginning, thank you Aeroplan! It was our first time traveling in business class and I can't even describe how much more comfortable it was especially for such a long journey! Smoked salmon for an appetizer followed by beef tenderloin with truffled potatoes followed by apple tart and fruit plate! The Ac "pods" were definitely my fav with the fully reclined chairs that turn into beds! The next best thing about business was having access to the lounges on our stopovers - the bmi star alliance lounge in London was beautiful where they had food and drinks including a full bar (if you drink). Although Adam and I slept most of the stopover, it was much more comfortable than I remember my last 7 hour stopover in London! The problem is - we will probably avoid the long journeys until we can go business again because it will be so hard to go back. I know - sounds bratty but it was so nice!

When we finally arrived in cape town, my sister, Hussein, Adam and I went to the wineries in stellenbosch, 30 min drive from cape town. Even if you don't drink, they were beautiful, with breathtaking scenery! We went to Delaire graff and topaka? Delaire graff was my fav! NYE was awesome being able to hang out with family and familiar faces! Me also met up with my cousins Alia and Hussein from edmonton and Riyaz virani from Calgary and managed to meet other Ismailis from now live in Johannesburg (Joburg) or Angola, another African country, who were partying in cape town! We went for dinner at Tuscany beach and then to a posh beach club in the camps bay area called St Yves where Bottle service here probably costs what it does in Vegas! Overall a great night! Hope you all enjoyed your NYEs as well back back home! Will write again soon about our first few days in cape town!

1 comment:

Meena said...

Sounds like a fantastic start to a great trip! Can't wait to see pics from the wineries! Happy new years to all of you!